Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trying again


Back in the day when Daniel and I only had 2 kids, we did kid dates once a month. Daniel would head out with one kid, and I would head out with the other. The next month we would switch. Daniel and Kylie started a little tradition of getting a new shirt each time they went out. Toast and his daddy would usually get some "dang quesadillas" at Serranos. But whatever the date was, we felt it important to spend that one on one time focusing on that kid. Then James joined the family. We tried to keep up with our little tradition, but we had to juggle around the one on one a little differently. Since we moved down here, and since having Ben, we have completely dropped the ball. So last week we decided that we needed to get back on track. Juggling this between 4 kids is a little more tricky. We figured each kid will have a "date month" and during their month, they get a date with daddy, and another with me.


Yesterday Kylie and I had our little date. We went to get pedicures-(hence the picture of our feet), followed by some olive garden. We ordered take-out and took it to a nearby park. Kylie gets the kids pasta, chicken, and broccoli meal, and they had the chicken and the broccoli but no pasta. What a thing to miss. But we had a great time together. Kylie and her daddy are going to go on their date this afternoon, and next month will be Tys turn. The following month will be James, and then Ben. And then back to Kylie. The kids are really excited to start this up again. Daniel and I are too.


5 comments:

Laura Hall said...

Every time I see my mom we go on a pedicure date. I dont know what could be better! SOunds like fun.

Sarah Blue said...

We used to do the kid date thing too. But have been having trouble scheduling with everyone's extracurricular activities, school, and work. I like the month idea. I think I'll will have to copy your idea.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Cook Zoo said...

What a great idea! I like how you worked out the logistics too. We need to work out some one-on-one time with our kids too. Maybe once we've figured out how to have regular couple time! ;)

Tina said...

Your toes look great! What a fun idea...:) "Dang quesadillas?" You crack me up!

BlairsTown said...

Sounds like fun. I too like the month date, great idea!!