Sunday, April 13, 2008

THE VAN











Heaven help us- we bought a freaking mini van. The camry just doesnt fit 4 kids, and the escalade is a company car, so Daniel has been eagerly searching for something new. Luckily he has a friend in the car buisness, and after weeding through the field, we had to make an extremely difficult decision. They found a sequoia for us-which is the car I have wanted for several years now. It had lots of cool upgrades and they were gonna give us a smokin deal on it. They also had a sienna- the toyota minivan. I have a strong dislike for minivans- and have told Daniel for years that I will never own a freaking minivan. Sure they make lots of sense. They are convienent, get good gas mileage, are easy to get the kids in and out of, and generally have more storage space than the average SUV, but they are UGLY. Obviously this is a pride issue for me. After much thought and weighing the pros and cons, we decided that the smartest decision would be the minivan at this point. With gas prices through the roof right now, it will definately save us some money there. And the monthly payment will be more comfortable, and the insurance on a van as opposed to a SUV is cheaper as well, so I bit the bullet and we made the smarter choice, although I must say I WANT THE SEQUOIA! I am in mourning at what I could have had.

As I was test driving the Sequoia, I had Kylie and Tyler with me, and Kylie asked me if we were going to buy it, to which I replied that Daddy and I needed to pray about it, and thinking this would be a good teaching moment went on about Heavenly Father hearing and answering our prayers. Toast pipes up, "well I prayed that it would be Christmas everyday, and Heavenly Father disobeyed me!" Such is the mind of my 4 year old.



And in other news, today was Jamesys first time in nursery, and I am happy to say that he did really well. Hooray!

1 comment:

Cook Zoo said...

LOL! We have a Honda Odyssey and LOVE it! Not "ugly." "Cool" is the word. LOL. And I just don't get why it can't be Christmas everyday. Seems a reasonable enough request to me! ;)