Monday, October 13, 2008

Camera



2 weeks ago I wrote about our little streak of bad luck. Many items of ours broke, most unfortunate- my camera. I have since been on the hunt for a new one, and after much research, decided on the one I want. Since I always LOVE a good bargain, I have been bidding on ebay, but also have been searching various sales fom different camera sites. Ebay was getting a bit frustating with people bidding at the last 8 seconds and then the sales price of a used camera was even more than you can find it brand new. So upon my seaching other sites, I happend to find my lovely camera listed for $29 bucks. $29 bucks for a brand new SLR digital camera? Knowing full well this was definately a mistake, I decided to see if it would let me buy it for the listed price anyway. Lo and Behold it did. I got my confirmation email and my card was charged the $29 plus shipping. SO for the past two days I have been waiting not so patiently for someone at this company to recognize their mistake and call me up to say "sorry, but no can do." I didnt get a call, but an email, asking me to call them. Darn it! Of course this was just too good to be true. If I were a cusser I pobably would have cussed with disappointment. GRRRR!!! OK I am over it.
So now as I have searched and compared and found a respectable price somewhere else, I went ahead and ordered it. At least this one comes with free shipping.

--PREPARE TO BE AMAZED--(movie trivia?) at my soon to be awesome photography skills! Actually, better give me a couple months to learn how to use this new piece of high tech equipment, then you will be amazed!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi you! I love the pics of James b-day. I think I'll have to get the instructions for the Elmo Cake. Gracie's b-day is coming soon and she LOVES Elmo! I'm excited for all the new photos with the new camera!

Julie said...

You should get the camera for $29!!! It's called "your lucky day" and "their loss."

Cook Zoo said...

Oh man, that would've been awesome. Too bad they didn't honor it. I'm excited to see lots of new pics from you soon though! :)

Kristy said...

Hi Girl! Thanks for the idea on the cake! You need to let me know where I can find a pan! Also, do you have Amanda email address maybe? I wanted to send her an invite to our blog! Thanks!

Sabra said...

Tell me everything! What kind of Canon is that? Rebel? D? Fill me in. Do you love it?

Beverly said...

YOu didn't tell me that they hadn't honored it--it would have beent he honorable thing to do. Drat! Oh well, you knew I think. Hope you get some pictures goig soon. Love you!