Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ice-cream, cookie dough, and candy


This morning I found James all smiles with a dilly-bar shoved in his mouth. He was looking so proud of the fact that he was able to get himself breakfast. When I took it away the tantrum was tremendous. Ten minutes later, he is sitting on the couch shoving handfuls of cookie dough into his wide open mouth. I take that away and again- the tantrum was unbelievable. And then ten minutes after that he found my hidden stash of mint m&ms and then hid himself in the pantry so that he could eat in peace. So far this morning, nothing of much nutritional value has been consumed by my 2 year old. Just a bunch of sugar. And I wonder why he is bouncing off the walls like a rubber ball.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

That's too funny! It sounds like he and Grace may have been conspiring. We took Syd to the dr. today she has strep. However, my purpose for telling you this is as we're leaving a little boy walked right in front of us that looked just like 'Toast'. Yes Tyler! we had to do a double take. So tell Tyler not to worry, we've found his twin in Utah!

Sarah Blue said...

What a good boy! Making himself breakfast. Haha! You've got to give him credit for his perseverance. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow he sounds sneakier than me. I love that he hid in the closet to eat the MM's. What a funny guy. Kenzie is here whinning about wanting more candy, she has had junk all day at school, seems like the more she has the more she wants and the whinnier she gets. I guess I am not in the best of moods when I am wanting chocolate and know I can't have any. Oh and I bought a pack of mint M&M's and Kenz, Jeremy and I ate the whole pack. Skyler wouldn't even try them because they were mint. I haven't given in and bought another pack, but I have been tempted. :)

Beverly said...

Sounds like I need to stock up on goodies or James will be bored at grandma's house. My lower pantry shelves are about his level but nothing good is on it. We are counting the days till you come.

Deb said...

The first thing my kids ask for when they wake up in the morning is candy. I'm so glad mine aren't the only ones.

I bought a bag of mint M&M's last week in honor of you. They were quite delicious.

Cook Zoo said...

Sounds like he has a special ability! Brian's sister Kelli is like that, and she's STILL asked to "sniff out" their parents' house in search of hidden goodies, just like she did when she was little. :)