Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Starry night


Tonight we got the kids ready for bed, then we all headed outside to look at the stars. In those few moments we found our piece of heaven. I love looking into the greatness of space and refreshing my perspective on life. I've got all I need to be happy for eternity right there in my arms- my Daniel, my Kylie, my Toast, my James, and my Ben. And to make it even more perfect- right as we started to head back in- a star shot across the sky. It was magical. Of course Tyler didnt get to see it, so he started crying, and Ben clawed my face as Daniel reached for him to get him off, so now my nose and upper lip are stinging, and the 8 feet that were nicely bathed became black from the dirt, but it was well worth it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm a little jealous of your white Christmas but not the cold. Why is someone always sick at the holidays! And I love the guys with the laptops--CLASSIC!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am sure you had most of the things that would make you happy for eternity, but obviously since I wasn't there you didn't have everything that would make you happy. Don't forget it!

Tina said...

With kids, it never takes very long to snap back to reality, when you are having one of those "perfect" moments...:)

Cook Zoo said...

That post had an ending I wasn't anticipating. LOL! It does sound like a great night though. You guys are just awesome. :)