Wednesday, January 30, 2008

President Hinckley


As I use my blog for journaling purposes I just wanted to write about the dear prophet President Hinckley. He passed away on Sunday night and when my mom called to let us know, I felt a sadness but a joy at the same time. I felt joy because I immediately thought of how precious a reunion he was having with his sweet wife. Theirs is a love so incredible, pure and inspiring. I am so happy they are united once again. I am sad because I will miss him deeply. I will miss his sense of humor, his incredible strength and example, and his smile and wave of his cane at the end of conference. I remember going to conference several years ago. As soon as he walked into the conference center the spirit was so strong- a feeling I will never forget. I truely love him and will miss him, but thank our Father in Heaven for the blessing of having grown up with him as the prophet.


No comments: